Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Cappellos grain and gluten free pasta and cookies



Cappellos sent me a selection of pasta and cookies. We have been on the search for good gluten free pasta that we can indulge in every once in awhile. Apparently this is in the refrigerated/freezer section which is why I have never ran across this brand before. I like the simple packaging and focus on great product. These were shipped in an insulated box with dry ice which kept them perfectly cold.

 
Capellos sent me their fettuccine and Gnocchi. Their pasta is fresh, gluten-and-grain-free, fettuccine is carefully hand-crafted. Their pasta tastes amazing. It has a totally different texture than boxed pasta. They use almond flour and cage-free eggs to create a low glycemic pasta. This pasta is so much better than boxed.
Capellos Pasta is Gluten Free • Grain Free • Soy Free • Dairy Free • Low Glycemic • Non-GMO
I cooked half a package in 90 seconds. I prefer less of a bite for fettuccine. For this pasta I used homemade bone broth and boiled it, then added the fettucine.

For the gnocchi, after they float to the top of your boiling water, you can lightly sauté them or add sauce. I chose to use homemade bone broth and then add a touch of parmesan cheese. It was AMAZING. They also have lasagna sheets!!


The base of all Capellos cookie doughs are made of Almond flour, organic Vermont maple syrup, arrowroot flour, organic coconut oil, organic vanilla extract, sea salt, and baking soda. 

The chocolate chip is amazing and has just a touch of sea salt.

The Double Chocolate
is made of Dark chocolate  and cacao powder. This is my favorite because it tastes like a brownie.

They also have Ginger Snap, Lemon Zest, and cookie dough rolls which I didn't try.  If you click here there is a bunch of desserts you can make with the cookie dough. These are grain free, vegan, and gluten free.

Capellos also has pizza! Check them out and I think you will be surprised at how good they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment