Monday, April 4, 2011

silhouette SD

I saw this and immediately had to buy. The pictures and project ideas have been swirling in my head since I saw the machine. I entered to win a couple of them, but could NOT wait to see if I had won.

I got my silhouette SD and unboxed it excitedly. It was SUPER easy to set up and I had the software downloaded from the website prior to receiving the machine in anticipation.

The software takes some getting used to, but is fairly intuitive. After two weeks the green heavy media mat that came with it lost its stickiness and no longer was holding the cardstock to make clean cuts. I received another one and now the blade isnt cutting through the cardstock. I am hoping the company can resolve the issues as I have checked the settings (for cardstock and blade seated properly) and its still not cutting through.

Other than these two issues, i absolutely love the Silhouette SD! I have made a couple REALLY Cute Projects! Check them out here www.etsy.com/shop/IsabooCreations

1 comment:

  1. The Slice has a really great spray adhesive in their line. Use it to re-sticky your mats before they totally wear out. You'll get a lot more time out of them, at least it really works for me.
    There is a double-cut setting you might try. I know this post is over a year old, but I didn't see any other comments...
    Rena
    PS: LOVE my Silhouette SD!!! Wish I had the new Cameo!

    ReplyDelete